Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Itasca, Kayaking, Waterfalls oh my!!!

Hello Everyone!

I hope that you have all had fantabulous Memorial Weekends! For me this past weekend was devoted to testing out gear and having wonderful adventures with my man friend Bob. I tested out my Yuma pants again (see review here), my Osprey backpack, Asolo hiking boots, and my new Camelbak bladder! I will soon be writing reviews on the last three items soon, so keep an eye out for upcoming gear reviews!!

Bob and I headed up to Itasca State Park on Saturday where we spent an absolutely beautiful day hiking in the Northern Woods of Minnesota. If you have never been to Itasca, you should make plans to explore it! The main attraction, the headwaters of the Mississippi River, and the bike path on the East shore that runs by the campgrounds are often busy, but (as I learned this weekend) the hiking trails are peaceful. Bob and I saw two or three groups during our five mile hike, which is amazing considering how busy the above mentioned areas are. The entire park is worth hours of exploration, and even though I have been walking the park's paths for years, I am still struck anew by the beauty of the park with each visit. 

5 other things that rocked about this weekend:

1)Visiting Bob's family and having smores in the backyard
2) Kayaking on Lake Calhoun in Minneapolis 
3) Minnehaha Falls 
4) Freshly made Cinnamon Pull-Aparts
5) The Impossible Project film for 600- especially the black and white film! (see images below- isn't the black and white just the cat's meow?!) 










Best wishes,
AK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my work and for leaving me feedback! I really appreciate it! Have a great rest of your day!