Sunday, February 5, 2012

Winter Quiet

Hello my lovely readers,

I know that I have been absent of late, and I apologize. I had some personal complications that I needed to work out. It is February, the short month in which the winter often takes its most disheartening plunge into the sub-zero temperatures and everyone huddles under layers of sweaters and blankets trying to remember the warmth of a fleeting summer. However, in my home town, we have been lucky with a rather mild winter. I pray that the rest of you have enjoyed such luck as well.

As some of you are aware, I recently added a few new additions to my family. For Christmas someone very dear to me gave me Vulcan, and Instax 210, and then, in January I found Yoshi, my Yashica FX-2 and it was love at first sight. I have been learning her quirks (and she has a few) and expanding my knowledge of film these past few weeks. Below I have posted some of the fruits of my labor (all of which were shot on expired 35mm film).

I made no New Year's resolution this year. For me, the new year did bring the start of a new chapter in my life, but it also was witness to a painful end of something wonderful. So I chose not to add pressure of a resolution to my 2012 year, and am instead focusing on learning more about myself, about my art, and about life itself. Perhaps that is a sort of unstated resolution, but I chose not to call it such. I hope that 2012 has been kind to all of you, and for those of you who have experienced its more harsh side, know that my heart goes out to you. I truly appreciate every single one of you lovely readers, and I can not thank you enough for the kindness that you have shown me.



 On a quiet, misty morn, when all the frost was tinted with magic and wonder, I walked through the silent world, not quite a part of the mystery, yet still incorporated into its magic.

















 May you find joy and peace this year, my dear readers :)

 -AK

P.S. I have another post devoted entirely to the lovely misty frost I witnessed the other day in the works :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my work and for leaving me feedback! I really appreciate it! Have a great rest of your day!