Monday, November 11, 2013

Brianna on Film

Hello my fantastic readers,

It seems that winter has finally settled into the Red River Valley, and we received our first snow fall that didn't melt last Sunday! I know that many of my fellow North Dakotans are less than pleased by the chilly temperatures and frosted windshields, but I find myself humming Christmas carols and rejoicing in my ability to wear my thick sweaters again! Winter is my favorite season, and as the holidays draw nearer I find myself smiling more and more at the grey skies and the cold sting of snowflakes melting upon my nose. 

You may remember the blogpost I published earlier this autumn featuring images of my handsome best friend Bob! Well, on that same roll of Kodak Portra 400 I was fortunate enough to capture some stunning images of the lovely Brianna! (Can a girl get any luckier?!) These gems were taken while we were working on Brianna's image for the ISBN Project, and were totally unplanned. They were all shot on a Pentax K1000 using Kodak Portra 400 film and were processed by the FIND film lab. I hope you find them as special as I do. 












Drive safe and keep warm,
AK

2 comments:

  1. Love it Mia! So happy to see you shooting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Autumn!! I have been really busy this fall collaborating with the wonderful people at Wolftree Magazine, but I have been trying to find a balance between my personal and professional shoots! These images are actually from last April, I just didn't have them developed until this Spring. That being said, I'm really challenging myself to shoot more personal work such as these (especially portraits- I miss them!), and I'm also experimenting with film, and testing out new shooting/editing techniques and programs! :)

      P.S. I love to see all of your new posts, the one you posted recently of Mara and Alex's wedding was absolutely lovely!

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my work and for leaving me feedback! I really appreciate it! Have a great rest of your day!